NBA: Kobe denies report of him saying next season being his last with Lakers

image

Amid, reports yesterday of Kobe Bryant indicating the upcoming 2015-16 season would be his last with the Lakers, the future hall of famer took to Twitter. Maybe, not to full out deny this would be his last season, but at least to squash rumors that he had come to a definitive decision.

Lakers GM, Mitch Kupchak said Thursday on Sirius XM NBA Radio, that Kobe had indicated to him that this would be his last season.

Kupchak: “He has indicated to me that this is it.” He also stated that Kobe is entering the last season of his deal with the Lakers, and that there had been no talks of a new contract.

Apparently, all of this is news to Bryant, who at 37-years-old is entering his 20th season. Here is his tweet:

@kobebryant: My thoughts on next season being my last season are the same as the last time the media asked me last season #nadanew

So, there you have it. Nadanew according to Kobe. It would make sense that this would be Kobe’s last season. Last year on his contract, 37-years-old, and also he himself saying he would play two more seasons after the end of the 2014 season. Bryant, is reportedly still very active in pursuing possible free agents. When all is said and done, you would have to think this will come down to how strong a season the Lakers have in 2015-16. Who they get with the number two pick in the NBA Draft, and also if they’re successful in free agency. Only time will tell, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we see Kobe for one more season, or two or three.

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to leave a comment, or follow me at https://twitter.com/SportsandSwag,

Please follow and like us:
0

Enjoying Sports & Swag? Please spread the word :)

%d bloggers like this: