What a crazy weekend of college football! Due to the craziness, we have quite bit of movement in the College Football Power Rankings – Week 4. The defending champs were anything but impressive. But, at least they did win. The same can’t be said for Alabama, and USC who took the biggest tumbles of the week, after losses to Ole Miss and Stanford respectively. Speaking of the Rebels, they made the biggest move up of the week after their crazy win in Tuscaloosa. It’s Almost impossible to predict what will happen this coming week. Until then, let’s look at the rankings as they stand today.
1. (1) OHIO STATE (3-0, Next: vs Western Michigan) Buckeyes dodged Northern Illinois bullet, but will QB problems bite them later on?
2. (4) MICHIGAN STATE (3-0, Next: vs Central Michigan) Don’t be fooled by 14 pt win over Air Force. That’s an impressive win after a huge win over Oregon.
3. (7) NOTRE DAME (3-0, Next: vs UMASS) Big jump for the Irish, but well deserved after a very nice win over Georgia Tech.
4. (2) OLE MISS (3-0, Next: vs Vandy) Don’t really think the Rebels belong here quite yet. But, if playoff were today, the Rebs would be in after win at Bama.
5. (9) UCLA (3-0, Next: at 18 Arizona) Bruins escaped BYU. Now, get ready for huge PAC-12 South battle at Arizona. UCLA looks like best team in PAC-12.
6. (12) LSU (3-0, Next: at Syracuse) Tigers are probably a little better than Ole Miss at this point, but don’t have the marquee win as of yet.
7. (2) TCU (3-0, Next: at Texas Tech) Frogs have issues right now. So, they drop several spots. Too early to totally abandon them now, though.
8. (8) Georgia (3-0, Next: vs Southern) Dawgs have another easy one before Bama comes to town next week. We’ll know more then.
9. (6) Baylor (2-0, Next: vs Rice) With all the movement, Bears actually drop this week since they were off.
10. (10) Oregon (2-1, Next: vs Utah) The Ducks are on upset alert as Utah comes to Eugene.
11. (11) Florida State (3-0, Next: Off) Seminoles gets week off then Wake before schedule amps up in couple of weeks.
12. (3) Alabama (2-1, Next: vs UL Monroe) Tide must put Ole Miss loss away and get ready for trip Between the Hedges next week.
13. (13) Oklahoma (3-0, Next: Off) Sooners look like best team in Big 12 right now. But, is that saying much?
14. (15) Clemson (3-0, Next: Off) Tigers off this week, then host Irish next week. We’ll learn a lot more then.
15. (16) Texas A&M (3-0, Next: vs Arkansas) Aggies can’t get overconfident against the more than capable Razorbacks.
16. Northwestern (24) (3-0, Next: vs. Ball State) Wildcats win over Stanford looks even better. Wildcats look like serious threat in Big Ten.
17. Utah (20) (3-0, at 10 Oregon) Utes would stick their nose deep into PAC-12 South and Playoff race with win at Oregon.
18. Arizona (22) (3-0, vs 5 UCLA) Huge weekend for Arizona. ESPN Gameday in town. UCLA in town. Is the moment too big for the Wildcats?
19. Oklahoma State (21) (3-0, at Texas) Cowboys kind of just laying in the weeds. They could be still be a factor in wide open Big 12.
20. Stanford (UR) (2-1, at Oregon St.) Cardinal are back after beating USC. Stanford may still be best team in PAC12 North.
21. USC (5) (2-1, at Arizona St.) Critical game in more ways than one for the Trojans.
22. Georgia Tech
Saying Hello: California
Saying Hello Again: Stanford
Saying Goodbye: Auburn, Missouri,
Thanks for reading!