College Football’s official kickoff weekend is a little less than eight weeks away. But, the unofficial start to the college football season starts Monday, exactly where it should. Birmingham/Hoover Alabama and SEC Media Days 2016.
It’s only right that the nation’s best conference lead the way in opening the season. And this upcoming season will spark lots of conversation over the four-day event. Lots of new faces in new places, and lots of questions to be answered. Here are a few of the headlines that will get the most buzz next week.
- Where are the QB’s? – Only three quarterbacks (Josh Dobbs-UT, Trevor Knight-A&M, Chad Kelly-Ole Miss) will make the trip to SEC Media Days and one of them Oklahoma transfer, Knight, is in his first season of SEC play. A lack of QB’s throughtout the conference last season ultimately didn’t come back to haunt the SEC as Alabama won the National Title.
- Will Leonard Fournette win the Heisman? – Leonard Fournette is most everyone’s favorite to take home the hardware along with Clemson’s DeShaun Watson and Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey.
- How hot is Les Miles’ seat? – Obviously, scorching hot, as ‘The Hat’ barely made it out of last season without getting the axe. This season, the Tigers are once again very talented and have high expectations. This is almost certainly a do or die season for him.
- Can Butch Jones and the Vols finish the deal? – Tennessee was just a few plays from being a 10-2 or 11-1 team last season, and headed to a rematch against Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. The Vols finished the regular season 8-4.
- How improved will Myles Garrett and A&M’s defense be? – Garrett is undoubtedly one of if not the best pass rushers in the nation. But, he needs help. The Aggies could be dangerous with better D and a running game.
- Can Bama repeat again? – Nick Saban’s team enters the season with yet another first-year starter at QB. The rest of the nation shouldn’t celebrate just yet, however. Bama’s last five first-year starters under Saban own four national titles and three SEC championships.
And that’s only a few of the headliners we have to look forward to next week. Here’s the schedule of appearances for the week.