Sports & Swag’s NFL Week 7 Power Rankings and Stock Report is here with it’s take on who the top teams are around the NFL, and what teams or players stock are trending up or down.
In this week’s edition, what’s wrong with Aaron Rodgers? Are the Buffalo Bills for real? And, of course, the Power 16 Rankings – The NFL’s top 16 teams – heading into Week 7 action. And, now onto Sports & Swag’s NFL Week 7 Power Rankings and Stock Report. Enjoy!
1. PATRIOTS (5-1) Next: @Steelers – Tom Brady looks to be in mid-season form as Pats are rolling since debacle against Buffalo.
2. VIKINGS (5-0) Next: @Eagles – Will Bradford and Vikes keep their edge about them after their bye week?
3. COWBOYS (5-1) Next: Bye – That’s five in a row for ‘The Boys’. Getting harder and harder to justify benching Dak Prescott when Romo comes back.
4. SEAHAWKS (4-1) Next: @Cardinals –Offensive woes continue for Russell Wilson and Seahawks. Still able to ‘find’ a way to beat the Falcons.
5. BILLS (4-2) Next: @Dolphins – Shady McCoy and the boys are 13 points from being unbeaten, and own the best win of the season, so far. Yep. They belong here.
6. FALCONS (4-2) Next: Chargers – As good, and as surprising as Atlanta has been, they were actually a game better at this point last season. We all know what happened after that.
7. REDSKINS (4-2) Next: @Lions – Four wins in a row, including huge win over Eagles keeps Skins one game behind Dallas. Skins need Cousins to be more consistent, however.
8. BRONCOS (4-2) Next: Texans – Has the Broncos defense been exposed in losses to Atlanta and San Diego? Can Trevor Siemian regain the confidence he showed before his injury?
9. STEELERS (4-2) Next: Patriots – Not the best time to lose Big Ben. Landry Jones, takes over as starter. Hard to believe the Steelers haven’t found a more capable QB, especially with Big Ben being fragile as he is.
10. TEXANS (4-2) Next: @Broncos – Texans got critical comeback win over Colts, behind Lamar Miller’s 149 yards rushing, to retain 1st place in AFC South. But, is Brock Osweiler the right QB?
11. EAGLES (3-2) Next: Vikings – Bye week couldn’t have come at a worse time for Carson Wentz and the Eagles. They haven’t been the same in losses to Lions and Redskins.
12. CHIEFS (3-2) Next: Saints – Chiefs are right back in the thick of AFC West after the big win in Oakland.
13. RAIDERS (4-2) Next: @Jaguars – Where’s Khalil Mack? The move to defensive end was supposed to make Mack unstoppable. So, far he has two sacks. Raiders also showed us again that their overall defense can’t be trusted, after the offensively-challenged Chiefs ran for nearly 200 yards and gained over 400 yards of total offense.
14. CARDINALS (3-3) Next: Seahawks – David Johnson is a beast, and now with Carson Palmer back, the Cards could be primed for a win streak. Crucial visit from Seahawks up next.
15. GIANTS (3-3) Next: Rams – O’Dell Beckham Jr’s 66-yard TD grab saved the Giants from losing four in a row, and kept them alive for now in the tight NFC East.
16. TITANS (3-3) Next: Colts – Marcus Mariota has struggled with six interceptions through six games, but getting Kendall Wright already paid dividends in win over Browns. Titans physical run game is coming along with Murray and Henry.
Next in line:
Lions, Rams, Chargers, Ravens
BUYING: Cowboys with Dak – What other proof do we need that this Cowboys team is legit with Dak Prescott. He’s won close games, he’s beaten the rival Redskins in Washington, he’s won games without Dez Bryant, including a game where he outdueled Aaron Rodgers, at Lambeau. The Cowboys have a decision to make when Tony Romo comes back. The smart move would be to stay with Dak.
SELLING: Carolina Panthers – The NFC will have a new representative at Super Bowl 51. The Panthers are an absolute mess defensively, and Cam Newton has been very erratic with 8 TD’s and 6 picks. We’ve seen losers of the Super Bowl come back and falter the next season. Panthers look like prime example of that right now.
STOCK⤴- Shady and the Bills
LeSean McCoy, is averaging nearly six yards per carry this season, and has led the Bills on their four game win streak with 470 yards rushing and 6 TD’s. Incredible numbers to say the least. Tyrod Taylor, hasn’t necessarily been spectacular, but he’s been very efficient with 8 TD’s and only 2 picks. The Bills D has gotten the job done also. With or without Tom Brady, shutting out the Pats in Foxboro is mighty impressive.
STOCK ⬇ – Aaron Rodgers and the Packers
With Jordy Nelson back in his role as Aaron Rodgers’ favorite target, with Eddie Lacy reportedly in better shape, and a pretty good defense, the Green Bay Packers were penciled in by many to make a Super Bowl run this season. That still may happen, but the Cheeseheads are off to a very slow start. Rodgers, himself is playing about as bad as he’s ever played. Rodgers, is near the bottom in QB rating (88.4) and just had his first second half TD pass in Sunday’s loss to Dallas.
It’s way too early to count the Packers out, but Aaron Rodgers has to get back to being Aaron Rodgers.
Agree 👍 disagree 👎? Let me know about it, in comments or on social media.